Here are some commonly asked questions about our Guided Kayak Nature Tours and Guided Standup PaddleBoard (SUP) Tours
- What is the process for booking my Guided Kayak Nature Tour? Simply decide which tour you would like to participate in and then click the calendar on the day and time that you wish to participate. You will get a confirmation email after you book and a receipt of payment for your tour. Your tour guide will contact you the evening prior to your tour and provide his/her cell # and make sure that you know everything that you need to know.
- Is it common to give a gratuity to my guide? It is certainly customary in the United States to give a gratuity to service personnel who have done a good job, just as you would at any other venue. Remember that your tour guide is checking the weather and tide, loading and unloading the kayaks or boards and working hard to find wildlife on your kayak tour or SUP tour. All of this is in addition to the significant investment in training and equipment that our professional guides have put forth.
- Are there alligators? There are alligators in Florida. We don’t provide tours in areas that normally would have any significant population of gators. Remember also that gators really just want to eat, sleep and make more gators. They usually eat things like fish and turtles.
- What should I wear? Ideally you should protect your skin from the sun, either with sun block or sun protective clothing. Sun protective hats and clothing are available in our retail store, Naples Outfitters, at 2360 Shadowlawn Drive in Naples. NaplesOutfitters.com
- Do you have single and double kayaks? We have both. When you book your tour the booking software will ask you if you would like singles or doubles.
- Are life jackets provided? Always. In fact, on nature tours our guide will require you to wear one.
- What if we have never paddled before? Our guides are also instructors. Your tour will be a beginner lesson and a tour!
- What if it rains? There are quite a few months in SW Florida that getting rained on can be just wonderful. However, you guide has been checking the weather carefully in an attempt to avoid lightning. If we can’t go for safety reasons, or if it will be just too wet then we will gladly refund your money or reschedule your tour, as you wish.
Guided Kayak Nature Tour FAQ
The bottom line is that we want you to enjoy your Guided Kayak Nature Tour! It is really one of the great things to do in Southwest Florida. Our Guided Kayak Nature Tour FAQ is an attempt to answer as many questions as possible, but please feel free to call us at 239-262-6149 or email us at email@example.com.